PLEDGE TO THE FLAG - Vice Mayor Bjerke
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
MAYOR: I will now open the Public Comment Period. Members of the audience may address the Council on any matter that is not on tonight's agenda. Fifteen minutes is allocated to the Public Comment Period, and each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes.
- Presentation - to Donna Wiley and Candace Cosgrove, representing the American Red Cross Bay Area Chapter, proclaiming March, 2009 as "Red Cross Month" in the City of Concord. Report by Mayor Hoffmeister.
- Announcing - the recruitment for applicants to serve as the District IV Supervisor's appointment to represent the City of Concord on the Contra Costa County Iron Horse Corridor Management Program Advisory Committee and advising the recruitment will remain open until filled. Recommended by City Clerk.
- Announcing - the opening of recruitment for applicants to fill three openings on the City's Commission on Aging; five openings on the Community Services Commission; four openings on the Human Relations Commission; and three openings on the Parks, Recreation and Open Space and setting Friday, May 15 as the deadline for receipt of applications.
CITY COUNCIL MATTERS
- CITY COUNCIL CONSENT ITEMS
MAYOR: "The next item is the City Council Consent Calendar which is considered in a single motion. If any member of the Council or the public wishes to remove any item from the Consent Calendar, please indicate now; otherwise I will consider a motion for approval."
Staff Recommendation: Adopt the Consent Calendar as recommended.
- Approving - minutes of the meetings of February 23 and March 2, 2009. Recommended by City Clerk.
- Awarding - a contract for RFB # 2174, 2009 Slurry Seal Program, in the amount of $969,379.10 to Valley Slurry Seal Company of West Sacramento, CA, the lowest responsible bidder. Recommended by Director of Public Works.
- Matters to be set for public hearing - for Monday, April 13, 2009 at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chamber:
(1) GASCO Appeal - consideration of an appeal filed by Engineer’s Associates, Inc. of the Zoning Administrator’s denial on February 11, 2009 of a request for a Zoning Administrator Permit for a Finding of Public Convenience and Necessity for retail sales of alcoholic beverages (beer and wine) at a GASCO site located at 4323 Clayton Road, APN 115-242-038.
(2) Amendments to Concord Municipal Code - Chapter 2 (Administration) and Chapter 26 (Election) - pertaining to the office of the City Clerk to reflect the voters decision to have the position filled by appointment and deleting reference to the election cycle, compensation, campaign statement requirements, and filing requirements.
- Approving - an agreement for Professional Services with Liebert, Cassidy Whitmore for legal services relating to labor relations in the amount of $50,000 for Fiscal Year 2009-2010 and $50,000 in Fiscal Year 2010-2011, if found necessary; and authorizing the City Manager to execute the agreement. Recommended by Director of Human Resources.
- Approving - a Professional Services Agreement with Cole Management and engineering, inc. for Project No. 1283, Galindo Creek Trail Closure and Slope Stabilization in the amount not-to-exceed $64,572; and authorizing the City Manager to execute the agreement. Recommended by Director of Building, Engineering and Neighborhood Services.
- Approving - the City's revised Proposition 1B Expenditure Plan for Fiscal Year 2007-08. Resolution 09-16 for adoption. Recommended by Director of Building, Engineering and Neighborhood Services.
- Approving - the acceptance of a grant from the California Coastal Conservancy in the amount of $150,000; and authorizing the City Manager to sign the Grant Agreement. Resolution 09-17 for adoption. Recommended by Director of Building, Engineering and Neighborhood Services.
- Accepting - the improvements for Project No. 2034, Ygnacio Valley Road Repair, constructed by Gordon N. Ball of Alamo, CA; and direct the City Clerk to file a Notice of Completion. Recommended by Director of Building, Engineering and Neighborhood Services.
- Awarding – a contract for RFB #2173, Annual Contract for Elevator Maintenance at Various City Facilities, to Dream Ride Engineering, Inc. of Benicia, as the lowest responsible bidder in the amount of $15,060; and to authorize the City Manager to execute the agreement. Recommended by Director of Public Works.
- Approving – an agreement for Professional Services with Francisco & Associates in the amount of $20,500 for preparation and mailing of the Proposition 218 public notice for a sewer service charge increase; and to authorize the City Manager to execute the agreement. Recommended by Director of Public Works.
- Matter to be set for public hearing for Monday, April 27, 2009 at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chamber – consideration of the draft 2009-10 Action Plan containing the Community Service Commission's recommendation for Community Grant Funding in all project categories from Federal Community Development Block Grant Funds, City of Concord General Fund, and Child Care Developer Fees. Recommended by Director of Community and Recreation Services.
- Approving - a five year capital lease agreement with Xerox Corporation in the amount of $44,758 annually for black and white and color reprographic equipment and authorizing the finance department to submit the required credit application and issue the associated purchase orders. Recommended by Director of Information Technology.
- Authorizing – the rejection of all bids submitted for RFB #2172, 2009 Charter Bus Services for Camp Concord, and directing staff to rebid the project. Recommended by Director of Community and Recreation Services.
- CITY COUNCIL CONSIDERATION ITEMS
- Appointment - of three applicants to the Planning Commission for terms ending February 28, 2011. Report by Mayor Hoffmeister.
Staff Recommendation: Following balloting, appoint three members to the Planning Commission for two-year terms ending February 28, 2011.
- Appointment - of two applicants to the Concord Design Review Board for terms ending February 28, 2011. Report from Council Committee on Housing and Economic Development.
Staff Recommendation: Appoint two applicants for terms ending February 28, 2011.
- Approving – a list of Measure WW funded projects. Report by Director of Building, Engineering and Neighborhood Services.
Staff Recommendation: Hear the report, provide comments, and approve a list of Measure WW funded projects.
JOINT CITY COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY
- JOINT CITY COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY CONSENT ITEMS
- Approving - an agreement with U.S. Communities, LLC in the amount not to exceed $76,000 for administration of the multi-family compliance monitoring program; and authorizing the City Manager to execute the agreement. Recommended by Director of Planning and Economic Development
- Approving - the modification of the City's Affordable Housing Conservation Program to increase permissible dollar amount limits for emergency repair grants from $1,500 to $15,000 for single family homes and $8,000 for mobile homes and to make grants available to households with an income at or below 80% of area median, adjusted for family size, and allowing these grants to be combined with either Rehabilitation Loans or Lead Based Paint Grants. Recommended by Director of Planning and Economic Development.
- Approving - an agreement with the HdL Companies in the amount of $19,500 to provide consulting services associated with property tax review and analysis; and authorizing the City Manager/Executive Director to execute the agreement. Recommended by Director of Planning and Economic Development.
- CORRESPONDENCE - City Council correspondence not selectively included in the following list is available for inspection during normal business hours by contacting the City Clerk at 671-3495.
- Treasurer's Report for the month of December, 2008.
- Treasurer's Report for the month of January, 2009.
- CLOSED SESSION REPORTS
- COUNCIL AND STAFF REPORTS
- Recent Conference Attendance